Outlook 2003 And Wireless Problems

Jake_027 18:29 27 Feb 07

My friend has a works laptop with outlook 2003 installed. i recently installed a Netgear DG834G router for him and both his home laptop and work laptop connect wirelessly fine and work with Aol 9 and Internet Explorer no problem. However, when he tries to download emails into outlook by using the send/receive button at the top nothing happens. I'm not really clued up on outlook so I don't know what settings to look for etc, but the laptop in question can connect fine to the web using internet explorer 6. I don't think it's a firewall because I think he just uses windows firewall, and no alerts pop up asking about allowing connections, but emails will not download. Any suggestions?

Jake

Jake_027 20:15 27 Feb 07

Help Anyone?I can't access said Laptop tonight but suggestions are appriciated

Thanks

Jake

Jake_027 20:25 28 Feb 07

Again

Terry Brown 20:53 28 Feb 07

Check your e-mail account settings

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
Select the e-mail account, and then click Properties.
On the Servers, Connection, and Advanced tabs, check the settings against those given to you by your Internet service provider (ISP).
If your settings match the ISP information, contact your ISP to verify that you have the correct information and that the ISP servers are operating correctly. Also, make sure your ISP server supports PPP, SMTP, and POP3 or IMAP protocols.

Did this fix the problem?

Yes. Close the troubleshooter.

No. I want to contact my ISP.

This is the advise from Microsoft.

To get you IP address. Go to RUN enter CMD (enter) then ipconfig.
Terry

Jake_027 16:54 11 Mar 07

Didn't work Terry-there is no properties option.

Anyone any other ideas?

Jake

Jake_027 20:41 11 Mar 07

There is a properties box once you highlight the account and click change button on the right. Ran the connection test and the connection is fine, its the server thats having problems. Thanks for the help and will now tick as resolved.

Jake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…