//some 3rd party need geo

Outlook 2003 and Win XP Pro password problem

deanocat1 16:20 02 Jun 04

I know that Win XP Pro's Internet Properties/Connections changes the password you type in for security reasons. Outlook Express 6 uses this without problems.
But now I've got Office Pro 2003, Outlook won't switch to the changed passport and keeps my typed one in. This results in a "wrong password" message appearing when I try to download emails with Outlook.
Very grateful for suggestions and cures. I thought I'd tried everything to cure this but obviously haven't hit on the right way. Many thanks, Deanocat1

BBez 18:13 02 Jun 04

open outlook, goto "tools", "email accounts" then select "change existing email account, select the account you want to change, change the password for the account you want to change then tick "remember password"

deanocat1 08:23 04 Jun 04

Thanks. But I've tried this and still get the message "Please type your user name and password." when I try to send/receive mail with Outlook. The problem seems to be that Outlook is using the password I typed in but this isn't recognised. When I use Outlook Express, I see that my password has been changed to a much longer one which I can't decipher. I was told that Win XP Pro does this for security reasons.
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…