Outlook 2003 Tracking Options ???

sobeitjedi 10:53 20 Jun 06

Hi.

I send out an email with read and delivery receipts turned on to a few people. The email receipients get my emails and click yes to the receipt. I receive the read and delivery receipts and I understand I should go into my sent items, open the email and there will be a 'tracking tab' where I can see more detailed info on who has read the message etc. However, I can't see this 'tracking tab'. Please help!

fitshase 13:29 20 Jun 06

This will only work from accounts with a POP3 account or SMTP (not HTTP like Hotmail).

Also, the message has to be created using Rich Text in order to use the tracking options:-

click here

Regards

Fitshase

sobeitjedi 14:17 20 Jun 06

I'm sending the emails to accounts on our network. Rich text is enables but still no 'tracking tab'

fitshase 17:03 20 Jun 06

Strange. I have just tried it on Outlook and it works OK for me.

Have you opened the Read Receipts? If not, you need to open them (not preview them) in order for Outlook to process them and create the Tracking Tab.

Regards

Fitshase

sobeitjedi 09:30 21 Jun 06

Yes, have opened the read receipts (not previewed) but still no tracking tab. Will it make a difference that we're using Exchange 5.5 or not?

fitshase 12:27 21 Jun 06

It might well be the case. I haven't used Exchange so I cannot comment. However, have a look on the Microsoft Knowledge Base for some answers:-

click here

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…