Outlook 2003 signature is greyed out

PC_Qs 16:52 27 May 08

Hi there,

I am having this problem where i cannot edit/change my outlook signature. I am using outlook 2003. It is only on one PC. All the other computers do not have this problem. The signature is greyed out and i cannot edit it.

There is a signature in place and the user has changed job title so therefore needs to change theirs signature. I can not get access to the signature section in tools>options>mail format>signature.

I have ran sypbot and ad aware and still no luck.

Please can anyone help!. Much appreciated

MAT ALAN 17:34 27 May 08

you could check to see that the network administrator hasn't applied a policy setting that blocks signatures. To confirm, check the Windows registry, under :

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office

PC_Qs 17:40 27 May 08

Hi, i have started recently and i am the only person in the IT department. The thing is no-one else within the company have this problem.

And i have checked there is no policy in place as far as i can see from the regedit as described.

Any other thoughts? Is there an option is outlook 2003 that disable signatures?

recap 17:45 27 May 08

Have you tried logging in as the Administrator?

PC_Qs 17:48 27 May 08

As administrator? it's only on this particular user. If i log into as administrator i will get the admin settings and not the user with the problem settings.

VoG II 17:51 27 May 08

Perhaps click here

PC_Qs 17:54 27 May 08

VoG,

It is already set to none under stationery and font. I also tried setting it to blank but to no luck :(

MAT ALAN 18:03 27 May 08

could try this

1. Open Outlook.
2. Open a new e-mail message.
3. Go to Tools -> Options.
4. On the General tab click the E-mail Options button on the bottom left.
5. Type in a name for the signature then setup the signature in the bottom
window

PC_Qs 18:07 27 May 08

Hi Guys thanks for all the help.

I have found a solution now. You will need to delete first-run in the regedit and it will work.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…