Outlook 2003 shut down problems

roger 17:55 12 Dec 03

Every time I close Outlook (which is not a problem)I get, AFTER Outlook has closed and after a pause of 10 seconds or so the following message:

"Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something the info you were working with might be lost."

There is a check box to be ticked if I want to restart Outlook and I am asked to send an error report.

Apart from that Outlook appears to be running perfectly and I have not lost anything.

Is something wrong? Is there something I can do to stop the message from appearing?

Anyone got any ideas.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Roger

VoG II 17:58 12 Dec 03
  roger 18:15 12 Dec 03

Thanks for that VoG.

In fact, Microsoft told me (on the computer after I sent an error report) today that it was likely to be a Winfax problem but I could not find the right knowledge base article on the Winfax technical support page.

I am running Winfax Pro 10.03 or at least I thought I was! I recently upgraded to that and everything was working well with Outlook until I very recently upgraded to Outlook 2003.

Maybe the upgrade to 10.03 did not go through as it should.

Anyway I now know what i am doing this evening!!

Will let you know how I get on.

Roger

anchor 19:16 12 Dec 03

I had exactly the same problem. Found this on the Symantec site

First, close Outlook.

Open WinFax Message Manager,
Click Tools, and then click Program Setup.

Double-click Email and Outlook Integration.
Uncheck Enable sending faxes by email.
Click OK, and then click Close.
Shut down Message Manager and Controller, then restart.

It solved my problem, using Winfax 10.0 and Outlook 2003.

roger 15:52 13 Dec 03

Thansk for the thoughts, VoG and anchor. Sadly they did not do it for me!

I uninstalled and re-installed Winfax Pro 10.03 and that did not help. I then disabled email send in Programme Settings in Message Manager in Winfax and that did nothing.

However the problem is definitely with Winfax because when I close the programme down I do not get any error messages.

Unless either of you or anyone else has any other ideas or Winfax deal with this glitch it looks like I will have to live with it.

Anyone?

Thanks anyway.

Roger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…