Outlook 2003 shortcuts

Wessie 17:23 14 Dec 05

I have created a new profile unfortunately I have lost my Outlook 2003 e-mail folder shortcuts (within outlook). Is there a way a restoring these?

kro 23:32 14 Dec 05

Do you mean you've lost all your folders?

If so it can be recovered becaue I've had the same problem. Do you get an error message when you open Outlook?

The best solution to this is the Outlook backup add-in at click here

Wessie 09:18 15 Dec 05

kro thanks for your response I have lost all my outlook shortcuts, although I can create them I was wondering where the shortcuts are stored and if it is possible to copy a file from the old profile to the new profile that would return my shortcuts.

kro 10:51 15 Dec 05

As I said I did the same thing myself about 18 months ago, but I kept getting an error on opening Outlook. I googled on the error message and found instructions to rectify it, but this was some tiome ago and its a bit hazy.

As best as I can remember the folders and messages with are contained in a .pst file located in "C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" - so it will be called [profile name (usually Outlook)].pst

If you removed the old profile it may remain in this folder under a new name - which may be something like .ps1 - renaming it shoould make it accessable in profile selction again.

If that works or if you haven't removed the old profile go back to the old profile and install the MS backup add-in. Click on "File" in Outlook and below "Archive" you'll now have tye option to "Backup". Go for that and options will let you save all your folders and their contents to whatever location you want. Change your profile back to the new one and then go to backup again and this time import the folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5