Outlook 2003 - sent messages in red

VoG II 11:51 09 Jun 04

Probably ludicrously simple but...

When I look in the Sent folder some message headers are shown in red. This has only started happening recently and I have not consciously changed anything. It is only certain messages that are marked in this way and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Any ideas?

Chris the Ancient 12:21 09 Jun 04

An interesting question. And one I can't answer. I'm supposed to be going back out to work - but I was intrigued enough to even start searching in google - with no luck.

Have you loaded any unusual programs lately?

Can it restore?

But...

I do wonder...

a) Why aren't you at work?

b) Why are you asking questions? Your job in this forum is to *answer* them! ;o)

Chris

dagwoood 15:24 09 Jun 04

VoG™, have you set your message rules to highlight certain items in red?

I know these rules should only apply to messages you receive(I think), but it was the only place I could think of where to look.

dagwoood.

VoG II 15:30 09 Jun 04

Chris the Ancient - no unusual software installed that would coincide with the appearance of the red messages. I haven't tried a System Restore or a repair of Outlook; I really just want to find out "why?".

dagwoood - I only have one message rule which is to forward mail received from one person to my work. No messages from her are in red! I have double-checked to see if any rules have mysteriously appeared, but no :o(

Thanks for responses.

MartinT-B 16:12 09 Jun 04

Highlight in red USUALLY means that you are 'watching' a conversation.

Are all the read messages to/from the same person?

To check: Highlight one of the messages -> click Message and see if there is a tick next to Watch Conversation (on the drop down).

If that's the case, then just click Watch Conversation to turn tick off.

If that's not it, I'm stumped!

VoG II 16:18 09 Jun 04

They are to different people. Nothing in the Inbox is in red.

"Highlight one of the messages -> click Message" - where do I click Message please?

MartinT-B 16:20 09 Jun 04

BTW, if it is a watched conversation, I think you will only have to un-watch (is that a word) the original message to change all the red msgs back to normal.

MartinT-B 16:21 09 Jun 04

To watch a conversation

In both e-mail and newsgroups, you can watch a conversation that is of particular interest you. A conversation is an original message and all its replies.

In your Inbox or newsgroup message list, select the conversation you want to watch, and on the Message menu, click Watch Conversation.
If your message list's Watch/Ignore column is turned on, the watch icon will appear next to all the messages of a watched conversation.

Note

You can customize the color of your watched messages to make them stand out. On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Read tab, at the end of the Highlight watched messages with the color line, select the color you want, and then click OK.

Default highlight for watched messages is red

MartinT-B 16:23 09 Jun 04

Sorry Crossed posts (I HATE no edit facility)

Message is one of the words across the top of the OE window.

file, Edit, View, Tools, Message, Help.

VoG II 16:25 09 Jun 04

But it is Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express.

€dstowe 16:30 09 Jun 04

Not anything to do with file compression in Windows cleanup is it?

Files compressed in this way often appear blue but perhaps Outlook ones are red.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…