outlook 2003 send receive problem

jagx400 18:04 23 Nov 05

Does anyone know how to get outlook 2003 to send/receive when you open the program without having to do it manually, the option to check for mail when connected is ticked in the send/receive options of the program. I am on BB with NTL

PaulB2005 18:06 23 Nov 05

Been trying to get Outlook 2002 to do this for ages and still can't find the magic option.

DieSse 18:21 23 Nov 05

The way Outlook 2000 works is - Set it to check for messages every 10 (or whatever) mins - this then automatically checks when the program is started too - within a few seconds.

PaulB2005 18:31 23 Nov 05

DieSse - Magic! I switched that option off because i pre-filter all my mail with another program and i didn't want it fetching unfiltered mail whilst reading another message. Set it to 60 minutes and it worked!

Tools, Options, Mail Setup tab, Send / Receive button, Schedule an Automatic Send / Receive every x minutes....

PaulB2005 18:43 23 Nov 05

You say that but i had that ticked for months and Outlook 200 would merrily sit there doing nothing.

It only does the Send and Recieve if the Schedule option is also ticked.

DieSse 22:16 23 Nov 05

*Send immediately when connected* is an option that send out an email immediately after composition - but only if there's an open connection at the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…