Outlook 2003 and red crosses

AlanHo 07:19 10 Jun 06

I am having problems with some Emails which Outlook 2003 asks me to right click in order to download the graphics. When I do this I sometimes get just red crosses in the various boxes.

I have found that if I open Internet Explorer, go to Tools >Options >Security and click on Reset all Zones to Default Level I can then go back to the Email message and a right click will open all the graphics.

I do understand that Outlook is trying to protect me from opening buggy messages - but it is frustrating when a known safe site cannot be viewed in full. The mystery is that after resetting IE Security to default settings I can open any number of Emails without a problem - but after I reboot my computer the problem sometime returns and I have to reset IE all over again.

Is there any way of curing this behaviour?

Windows XP Home SP2
XP Firewall
Internet Explorer 7
PC Guard Anti Virus
Outlook 2003

€dstowe 07:43 10 Jun 06

Are you confirming the changes you have made to the settings?

BRYNIT 09:24 10 Jun 06

To allow Outlook to accept pictures in emails go to tools/options/security/change automatic download settings you can remove the tick from don't download pictures

AlanHo 17:31 10 Jun 06

Brynit

Thanks for the info - has now done the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…