Outlook 2003 receiving messages

lozzaw 15:04 07 Jun 06

Soemhow I've messed up my Outlook 2003 settings and when I click on send/receive noting happens. I've gone into tools/options - mail set up and tried to go into the send/receive options there but it won't open. The only way I can receive emails is by going into tools - send/receive and download headers.

Can anyone help because it's getting very frustrating. Microsoft's website hasn't helped.

Taff™ 15:16 07 Jun 06

You could try Help>Detect & Repair.

Taff™ 15:20 07 Jun 06

If that doesn`t do it you need to go to Tools>E-Mail Accounts>View & Change then selecting the account in the list and then selecting the change button to the right you can see the settings for each account. Testing the settings using the appropriate button will tell you what`s wrong - post back with the error and we`ll suggest an answer.

lozzaw 15:35 07 Jun 06

I've tried detact and repair - didn't help.

I've tested the account settings and everything completes OK - an email is created and you can access that only by downloading headers (from send/receive options under tools), then mark headers to read.

If I press send/receive on the toolbar nothing happens - no error message.
If I press tools/options/mail setup/ send receive - nothing happens
If I click on send/receive groups in the send/receive options nothing happens.

Taff™ 06:36 08 Jun 06

Tools>Send Receive Settings>Define send receive groups - highlight the Group Name "All Accounts" and check that there is a tick in the "Include this group in send receive"

If you have other groups set up i.e. more than one account - you need to set up the other groups to include the relevant e-mail accounts For example I have 3 primary e-mail accounts and at home I use Pipex BB. I have set up a "Home" group that polls all three accounts via Pipex and sends via Pipex. At one of my Office locations they use PlusNet so another Group called "PlusNet" polls those same (Pipex) accounts and sends via PlusNet relay server.

Hope this helps.

lozzaw 08:50 08 Jun 06

Unfortunatley when I go to send/receive settings under tools and click define send receive groups nothing happens - I don't get any options. It looks like I may need to reinstall Outlook.

Taff™ 09:29 08 Jun 06

How many e-mail accounts do you have? I`m working with Outlook 2002 at the moment and I wondered if you only had one e-mail account you may not get any options.

As a last resort, make a note of your settings. Delete the account and set it up again from scratch. I`m thinking that your current e-mail account has somehow become corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…