Outlook 2003, problem sending emails

exdragon 21:23 28 Mar 08

Hi, each time I open Outlook (not Outlook Express), the 'send/receive' dialogue at the bottom of the screen says it's sending 1 of 4 messages. It then stops and comes up with an error, telling me to contact my ISP.

I did this, but they ignored my question and merely told me to get the account validated by Yahoo - the messages were being sent from a sub account address. I'd already tried a test email from Outlook anyway and the Yahoo procedure said the address was ok too. I have all my emails forwarded from Yahoo to Outlook. I've since sent plenty of emails from this sub account without any problems.

It just seems as if they are stuck - any idea what the equivalent of a dose of Ex-Lax would be for Outlook? There's nothing that I can actually see to delete, and if I cancel send/receive, it simply repeats itself the next time I use it.

Thanks

Eric10 21:53 28 Mar 08

Have you looked for them in the Outbox?

Jim_F 21:56 28 Mar 08

I recently had this problem on a family PC - it turned out to be read receipts that had an invalid return address. click here

exdragon 22:10 28 Mar 08

Eric10 - there's nothing in the outbox

Jim_F - I'll have a look at that, but I never ask fpr a read receipt as people can always ignore the request!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now