outlook 2003 outbox shows messages

wobbler 15:31 27 Jul 05

the folder "outbox" on Outlook 2003 shows that there are 2 messages to be sent, but none are visible in the folder window. Also send receive says "message being sent" but there doesn't appear to be one. Any suggestions?

recap 15:38 27 Jul 05

Try pressing the F5 key to refresh, if not do a reboot. The reboot should refresh the whole system.

wobbler 17:15 27 Jul 05

Thanks, but neither worked. Still have a (2) against the outbox with nothing in the folder.

rawprawn 17:53 27 Jul 05

Try Detect and Repair under Help.

wobbler 17:53 27 Jul 05

tried that, and also tried reinstalling outllok, but still the same. looks like the .pst file may be corrupt

rawprawn 18:50 27 Jul 05

Quickest way is probably to back up all the files Contacts etc that you need , uninstall and then reinstall, but see if someone else comes up with a solution first.

rawprawn 18:51 27 Jul 05

Or have you tried system restore?

wobbler 18:56 27 Jul 05

tried both those ideas, but system restore doesn't restore data files.

Big Elf 19:29 27 Jul 05

Search for the file scanpst.exe and run it. It's supposed to repair the pst file. On my system it's in c:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033.

You may need to search for hidden or system files to track it down.

kinger 19:43 27 Jul 05

I had a similar problem when I first installed Outlook 2003. MS sent me a large workaround as it is a known problem.

I believe I posted something here a few months ago about it. I'll check it out.

kinger 19:53 27 Jul 05

Sorry, had a look back on 'My postings' and they seem to have deleted it. Their email help is pretty quick, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…