Outlook 2003 not sending automatically

melvyn 18:19 04 Aug 05

I've just done a complete re-installation of all my software - only way to get rid of spy/adware!!

I use XP, Microsoft Office 2003 and Mailwasher and my problem is that Outlook now does not automatically send and receive when it is activated.

Under "tools", "options","mailsetup" I have checked the box which says "send immediately when connected" but it does not start on its own. It will send and receive perfectly OK if I use the send/receive button.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Happy Soul 20:22 04 Aug 05

Click on the Send/Receive box to the right of where you ticked "send immediately when connected" and make sure all boxes are ticked.

melvyn 09:02 07 Aug 05

Thanks Happy Soul, Done that - still does not send/receive on start-up.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Taff36 09:23 07 Aug 05

Do you have more than one e-mail account set up in Outlook? If so I think it will only work with the default one.

Taff36 09:26 07 Aug 05

Whoops! No I`m wrong there. That`s the way I chose to set it up.

rawprawn 10:09 07 Aug 05

Have a look and see if Outlook is configured as default email. Tools/Options/Other tab/ Tick box for default

melvyn 10:14 07 Aug 05

Yes Outlook is configured as default mail.

VoG II 10:21 07 Aug 05
  Terry Brown 10:25 07 Aug 05

I am not sure about mailwasher but dont you have to allow 'trusted' sites to connect (like a firewall ?)

melvyn 11:05 07 Aug 05

VoG - have tried this - new group set up - still no auto "send/receive"

Terry Brown - yes you need to set up Mailwasher to use it, however I still get the problem if I open up Outlook without going through Mailwasher. Therefore I am convinced it is something within Outlook.

Thanks for the help guys - I wish it would resolve the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…