Outlook 2003 not receiving messages

PAE 12:51 07 Feb 04

I have Outlook 2003 set up as my default mail programme and it sends OK but incoming mail is still being sent to Outlook Express. How can I get it into Outlook. Do I need to open up an additional account.

Thanks

mgmcc 15:19 07 Feb 04

Mail isn't SENT anywhere - it is retrieved by whichever program you use to access your ISP's POP3 server. If you have Outlook Express configured to retrieve your mail automatically, without leaving messages on the server, there will be no mail for Outlook to collect. Delete your mail settings in Outlook Express and make sure it isn't set to try to retrieve mail, then set up Outlook with your email settings and get it to retrieve mail instead.

Stuartli 15:42 07 Feb 04

As Outlook is a business orientated program and you already have OE, why not just stick with the simple, straightforward operation of OE?

As mgmcc rightly points out you've probably already got OE configured to check for mail say every 5, 10, 15 or whatever minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…