Outlook 2003. Mcafee error message

BELSEY 18:54 09 Dec 03

On upgrading to XP I deleted Mcafee Utilities V4. (which is incompatible with XP) Everything (Office 2000) on my machine worked OK.

I have now upgraded to Office Standard 2003 which works fine other than on opening Outlook I get an error message stating that \Mcafee Utilities\ ZipExch.dll could not be installed or loaded.

Can anyone out there help. Please

mr gee 19:15 09 Dec 03

one way to do it is you need to get rid of any reference to mcafee. --go to run type regedit in the box----when the reg. open press F3 and type mcafee in the search box then enter---any reference to mcafee it finds you can delete from the registry WARNING back up your registry first!!!!

Then re-boot

BELSEY 20:09 09 Dec 03

Had already been into the registry as Mcafee / XP are so incompatible youy cannot delete through normal channels. However, following your response I tried again and found more "mcafee entries" which I have deleted. Three times I did a new search of the registry until it was finally mcafee free. Unfortunately, following a reboot I am still getting the same error message

BELSEY 22:05 09 Dec 03

Thanks ßéLâ That seems to have done the trick. Lets hope thats the last I see of Mcafee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…