Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password

g4fne72 19:41 19 Jun 06

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password

Hi All.

I have 3 email accounts running on Outlook 2003 but recently everytime it does a "send/receieve" i keep getting pop up requesting a password (this happens with all 3 accounts sometimes & just on 1 account sometimes.. completely unpredictable). I have ticked the "remember password" boxes but when pops up is unticked.(The password entered is always correct). I them proceeed to retick "remember password" & this solves the problem until next "send/receieve". Any ideas how to rectify as its driving me mad.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:49 19 Jun 06

Have a butcher's here.... click here

Woolwell 20:03 19 Jun 06

I often find that this is nothing at all to do with your own PC but is in fact a symptom of a problem at the ISP end. Have you checked that they are not getting problems?

g4fne72 23:00 19 Jun 06

Thanks for responses

Carried out Gandalfs suggestion .... still no joy & know probs with ISP apparantly ... Any other suggesyions ??

johnnyrocker 00:35 20 Jun 06

best bet delete and recreate the accounts as outlook is prone to corruption.

TomG 09:01 20 Jun 06

Probably on the wrong track but - have you tried login into your emails vis the isp website? If that doesn't work then read on! M

My wife had this problem. When we were on dial up we created a number of email address, when we moved over to broadband she retained her email address, after 3 months all of a sudden it stopped working (same symptons as you plus if she tried to login to her emails on the isp's website it rejected her password/user name).

The isp does this because the dial up hasn't been used, so if this is the issue than all you need to do is go to your isp's website and retrieve the account and you will be ok for 3 months.

Woolwell 11:47 20 Jun 06

A friend had this password problem and it was because of the situation described by TomG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…