Outlook 2003 Folder has gone missing

Krisps 15:02 04 Aug 06

As several other people have complained, I also have a numnber of unasked for duplicate Personal Folders, and also had a problem when the one I had all my data in disappeared. Eventually after restoring an earlier safe point I got it back, only for it to disappear again when I closed/reopened Outlook.

After some research I gave up, re-entered all my current data and renamed the Personal folder I had used as PersonalFolderActive. Everything was fine until today, when that folder disappeared along with all my layest entries. It was there when I switched on, there when I entered data in my calender, and there when I went to lunch, with the computer switched on. When I came back, IT HAD GONE! So had all my recent emails, my sent emails and my latest calender entries. My contacts list is now back to the old entries, all my updated ones have disappeared. Help, anyone!

recap 15:29 04 Aug 06

do a search for .pst files. This may help find them for you. If they do appear in your search, create a folder on the desktop, go to Outlook and import them back in.

Krisps 21:32 04 Aug 06

Nice idea, but the real problem is that the actual Personal Folder I was using has just gone - any search only shows the duplicates which while they work have outdated data files and so I am still missing all my most recent information.

Any more ideas would be welcome.

VoG II 21:35 04 Aug 06

Is this on a home machine or a works machine with an e-mail server?

Krisps 21:53 04 Aug 06

Home machine

VoG II 21:57 04 Aug 06

Version of Outlook?

Krisps 22:00 04 Aug 06

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - Outlook 2003 - reports as 11.8010.8028 SP2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009