Outlook 2003 - Find command very slow

Sirpad 11:08 25 May 06

My gripe is that the ‘Find’ (even the Advanced find’) is terribly slow in 2003.

When I was using Outlook Express on my old machine it seemed to be very quick when I searched by ‘To’ or ‘From’ which I assume meant that it had a separate indexed file with the To and From email addresses so it didn’t have to look through EVERY message.

In Outlook 2003 this does not seem to be the case. It plugs away very slowly no matter whether you’re searching by email addresses or text strings. It seems to me that no matter what you’re searching for it looks at every message whic is probably not the case but it appearrs that way. As for looking for text ‘within’ a message....I wouldn't even go there.

Any ideas?

VoG II 12:37 25 May 06

You could try click here

rawprawn 12:38 25 May 06

Try this usefull add on click here

VoG II 12:38 25 May 06

Sirpad 16:35 25 May 06

Thank you both so much. This makes my life a lot easier. I wonder why Outlook didn't have this indexing built in to begin with? Drinks are on me.

rawprawn 16:44 25 May 06

VoG™'s is a pint, mines a half (because he beat me to it)You might also like to try Microsoft Desktop Search which does it all.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…