Outlook 2003 email send receive problems

hunter500 22:33 PM 28 Feb 12

I did a registry clean up using the AVG tool and the send receive emails no longer works. I am using a standard pop3/smtp email account. I have tried to delete and add it as a new profile, but this makes no difference. I don't get any error message, I just get the standard message that the send/received is complete

Nontek 22:46 PM 28 Feb 12

Try a System Restore back to before your 'clean up'.

hunter500 22:54 PM 28 Feb 12

Thanks for the suggestion to do a Restore. However the clean up has made a significant difference to the performance of my PC, so I would prefer to avoid the Restore.

onthelimit1 08:41 AM 29 Feb 12

Instead of using AVG tool, just use CCleaner (after the System Restore)- it's the safest registry tool I've come across.

Nontek 08:43 AM 29 Feb 12

I agree with onthelimit1 ...........

Woolwell 11:38 AM 29 Feb 12

The AVG tool has changed the registry adversely as you cannot now send/receive. System restore is almost certainly the best way out of this. It is always wise to create a restore point before running anything which changes the registry. I am surprised that registry changes on their own have made significant differences to the performance of your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11