//some 3rd party need geo

Outlook 2003 - Duplicates of all folders

spindlefox 21:53 08 Nov 04

I am running Outlook 2003 on a machine with XP SP2. Whenever I create a new Contacts folder(e.g. 'work')I get a second folder with the same name (e.g. 'work in personal folders').
I have the same problem with the mail accounts - everything (inbox, sent, deleted etc) is duplicated as a set of personal folders.
Anyone got any ideas how I can stop this?
Thanks

Gongoozler 10:34 09 Nov 04

See if this helps click here

spindlefox 22:14 09 Nov 04

Thanks but no - my problem is with duplicate folders, not with duplicate records

Bucko1 10:54 24 May 05

Hi I have exactly the same problem with Outlook making a duplicate of folders after exporting details from one computer to another both running Outlook 2003, and then being unable to delete the duplicates.

If you managed to resolve this, can you let me know how you did it? Thanks

Bucko1 11:17 24 May 05

Eureka!!! I've found the answer!
I Renamed outlook.pst to old.pst and created a new profile (Control Panel / Mail / show Profiles / Add). I then restarted Outlook and only 1 Personal folder and contacts etc. but no data of course. I then tried to import back into the new outlook.pst but it wouldn’t do it without duplicating it again. So I experimented by renaming the new outlook.pst file NewOutlook.pst and renamed old.pst back to Outlook.pst and it worked!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…