Outlook 2003 downloads all emails on every send/receive

Assassin 09:02 18 May 14

I'm running Outlook 2003 on a Windows 7 desktop. It's been working fine for last couple of years. I had about 2000 open but unsorted emails in my inbox. Now, whenever I click send/receive, instead of just downloading new emails, it downloads the entire contents of my inbox again every time, so that I'm getting multiple copies.

Any ideas for resolving please? I bought a new small Intel NUC a couple of months ago, running Office 365 including Outlook on Windows 8.1. Could this be connected? Issue didn't start at that time though; only in last week.

Thanks Ray

Ian in Northampton 10:11 18 May 14

It sounds as if somehow, a setting might have got corrupted at your email server's end. Usually, there's an option to delete email from the server once you've received it in Outlook - but if the setting has got changed to 'keep a copy on the server', it might cause it to download everything every time.

lotvic 16:32 18 May 14

Not good practice to keep all those in the Office Outlook Inbox. You should make some more folders and move some of those 2000 emails out of the Inbox before it corrupts. Check your Outlook 2003 PST Size Limit ClickHere for howto

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…