Outlook 2003 downloading same emails repeatedly

ajm 23:02 14 Mar 06

last few days I have seen that Outlook is downloading the same emails again and agian. After a while Outlook just stops responding and comes up with an error and I have to start again and the whole things loops.

I have checked the account settings and the setting for "keep messages on server" is not ticked.

Short of re-installiing Outlook again, is there any suggestions?

Giggle n' Bits 23:08 14 Mar 06

which windows, who is your ISP and is there any network involved.

Have you ran a virus scan.

johnnyrocker 23:15 14 Mar 06

best bet go to webmail and edit your in box then you will only get the ones you want and should solve your prob.

johnny.

ajm 23:24 14 Mar 06

Windows XP Home SP2. ISP Wanadoo. No network involved. Machine is a standalone connected to a Netgear Router wired.

johnnyrocker: Yes have done that, but to no avail.

A temporary solution that has been set up is disabling send/receive in Outlook 2003 and configured Outlook Express as the email client. Repeated emails not coming anymore.

Did a search for the problem on google and came across the expertsexchange website, but have to be a subscriber to view the solution
click here

octal 07:09 15 Mar 06

"Did a search for the problem on google and came across the expertsexchange website, but have to be a subscriber to view the solution"

No you don't, just scroll down the page and the answers are listed at the bottom. There doesn't seem to be a resolution there anyway.

Dirty Dick 09:52 15 Mar 06

...only just the other day. I am with BTYahoo (Old BT Openworld). I logged onto the webmail, and deleted from the server. SOLVED !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…