Outlook 2003 and Contacts

exdragon 07:41 24 May 11
Answered

I'm sure this is something really stupid: I have 2 Contact groups and after a Windows reformat, restored everything from the saved .pst file.

If I select the Contacts list in the folder on the left hand side of the page (Mail, Calendar, Contacts etc), both lists are there. However, when I compose a new email and click the drop down box in the 'To' field, only one list is shown. How can I get both lists to show? Similarly, if I select the Address Book on the main menu, again there is only one list.

Taff™ 07:56 24 May 11
Answer

I think you have two address books in Outlook and only the primary one is shown. Here`s how to sort it: MS Knowledge Base You basically need to add both and then when you use e-mail "To" field you select the appropriate list from the drop down box.

exdragon 08:07 24 May 11

Taff™ - many thanks, problem solved in one stroke!

Taff™ 08:20 24 May 11

Or a few clicks! Think yourself lucky - I have 9 different Contact Lists only because most of them are variable based on membership lists or individual client contacts and I don`t want these mixed in with my general contacts. I would never be able to filter them quickly or indeed remember if an individual contact was still current!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch