Outlook 2003 Application Error

douglas1973 00:00 30 Jun 06

When I close Outlook 2003 I frequently get the following error message:

"WMS Idle: OUTLOOK.EXE - Application Error
The instruction at "0x35cd179f" referenced memory at "0x35cd179f". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program".

It is not a major problem because when I reopen Outlook 2003 it functions without any problems but it is very annoying especially when the sound is on because the audible warning makes me jump out of my skin (perhaps I have the volume too high!). Outlook is fully updated and using Detect and Repair does not cure the problem.

Howcan I fix the error?

TOPCAT® 00:42 30 Jun 06

that was causing the problem. Hopefully this will help you, should you have QT Pro installed of course. ;o) TC.

click here

douglas1973 21:49 30 Jun 06

Thanks TopCat but I haven't got QuickTime Pro

User-312354 22:24 12 Jul 06

I have same issue with Outlook 2003. On other threads on different BBS they seem to indicate could be a combination of QT Pro and Spyware Doctor (I have the latter but onl QT installed at present (not Pro version).
Only started in last week after I rebuildt my system from scratch and applied all latest fixes etc to all apps.

douglas1973 22:52 12 Jul 06

Thanks crowley. I recently deleted Spyware Doctor (found it too intrusive) and thanks to you realise that the Outlook 2003 fault I had has gone so the cause of the fault was probably Spyware Doctor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…