Outlook 2003 and Activesync problem

Al94 17:16 21 Apr 06

I am setting up a new Dell laptop and cannot get Activesync 4.1 to synchronise Contacts and Calendar with my Windows Mobile phone. I think I see the problem but am lost as to how to fix it. Keep getting an error message 85010014, encountered a desktop problem. When I go to Internet Options, programmes - Outlook is set as default email but Calendar & Contacts is totally blank and nothing in the dropdown box.

In Outlook, the box is ticked to make Outlook default for email, contacts and calendar - I think this is where the problem lies but am lost as to how to get them to appear in Internet options. Any suggestions welcome.

Al94 17:33 21 Apr 06

It does communicate in that I can synchronise favourites ok when selected alone. Was able to synch with same version on old laptop, seems to me something to do contacts and calendar with not being shown as dafault

Al94 19:14 21 Apr 06

All the Activesync troubleshooter advice appears to relate to firewall issues. I have Windows firewall disabled as my router has a firewall.

Al94 10:32 22 Apr 06

Cured it by doing a repair of MS Office

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…