outlook 2003 and activesync

awest3 17:46 25 Jan 05

I have recently updated to XP Office and outlook 2003.

When I sync my PDA (Compaq iPAQ) it now tells me that outlook is not installed.

It then misses out the calendar, contacts and tasks but syncs Favourites, Inbox, files and Aventgo.

I've looked just about everywhere to find a missing option...read all the postings to no avail....I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...any help would be appreciated.

Gaz 25 21:36 25 Jan 05

this should re intergrate into Outlook again.

awest3 22:16 25 Jan 05

GAZ, Sorry I should have mentioned that I have tried installing both 3.7 and 3.8 to no avail.

same issues

albiex 18:26 21 Mar 05

Can Anyone else help...?

I've updated my works laptop to XP and Office 2003, inc outlook 2003. I have a Compaq 3850 running Pocket PC 2002.
When I try to sync.it says Outlook no longer installed - re-install outlook then retry.

It then goes on to sync Favourites, inbox, Files and Aventgo...but will not sync the calendar, contacts or tasks. I've reloaded activesync a couple of time and tried a few of the versions 3.8 and 3.7.1 I've done a soft reset...but nothing works...

any ideas please..

Kevin Fry 09:37 11 Apr 05

I have a very similar problem and have tried everything I can think of and everything on all the forums. I have factory reset the iPAQ, reinstalled Activesync (both 3.7.1 & 3.8)turned off the firewall. The problem does not exist if I syncronise with Outlook 2000 SP3 on a different machine so I know the iPAQ and cable are OK. I have ordered the O/S upgrade for the iPAQ in the hope that might cure the problem. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Border Collie 10:03 11 Apr 05

Make sure you have Outlook opened before plugging in your Pocket PC.

awest3 18:49 11 Apr 05

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for this...nice to know I'm not alone...

Still not fixed it.

Hi Border Collie,

I've tried this...makes no difference I'm afraid..

Thanks for your help..I'll keep ;looking for a solution...although I've just had a Blackberry phone so not quite as urgent as it was.

anchor 19:42 11 Apr 05

Possibly you need a later version of Windows pocket PC; the newest one is called "Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition".

Kevin Fry 16:47 12 Apr 05

Thanks for the responses. I have lodged a technical support call with Microsoft and will let you know.

Kevin Fry 17:13 12 Apr 05

Awest 3, I hope this helps you (and the Microsoft technical advisor who was as frustrated as we are).

I realised the only thing I hadn't tried was a different sync cable. It shouldn't have made any difference because the one I was using works fine on another PC I have.

Got the old sync cradle from the office, plugged in and bingo, it all works :) There is obviously an issue with the USB connections.

Thank you Border COllie and Anchor.

awest3 21:51 12 Apr 05

hi Kevin,

Glad to see you got it solved, mine did not seem to work with either the sync cradle cable or the travel sync cable I use...I'll give it a try tomorrow using just the cable ..out of the cradle...

thanks Awest3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…