outlook 2003

fuzzyfunn 20:00 22 Jan 05

HELP HELP

outlook used to work fine, now i can only receive emails and not send them. i have tried everything, aol say it is not them and my other isp say it is not them so what is going wrong i have even bought a new outlook 2003 thinking the old outlook express has a problem. the error message i keep gettingg is email address needs veryfying and that aol say it is unsolicited email which it isn't. can anyone shed any light
thanks

whybe 22:05 22 Jan 05

It maybe that your ISP SMTP server requires authentication.
In Outlook (not Outlook Express) try the following:
Click "Tools" then select E-mail Accounts
Select "View or change existing email accounts and click "Next".
Select your email account and click the "Change" button on the right.
Click the "More Settings..." button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Email Accounts window.
In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click the "Outgoing Server" tab. Ensure that the box is checked next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".
Make sure that you do not tick the box 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication' SPA and also check that on the Advanced Tab that 'This Server requires a secure connection' SSL.
For Outlook Express:
Click, Tools, Accounts.
Highlight, your email account.
Click 'Properties'
On Server Tab, Under Outgoing Mail Server, Tick box 'My server requires authentication'
As Outlook don't tick 'Secure Password Authentication' SPA

whybe 22:09 22 Jan 05

I should have added concerning Outlook on the Advanced Tab the 'This server requires a secure connection' SSL should NOT be ticked. Sorry, W

fuzzyfunn 22:12 22 Jan 05

sone as you said and now the message i get is verify email address? but it is correct. any thought.

fuzzyfunn 22:16 22 Jan 05

task IMAP.uk.aol.com sendind reported error 0x800ccc78 unable to send. please verify the email address in account properties. The server responded : 556 client authentication required use ESMTP EHLO and AUTH .

what the hell is all that about!!!

daa 22:31 22 Jan 05

I have a home PC and a work Laptop connected by a wireless network for working at home and I desperately need to synchronize my outlook calendar and emails. Problem is although PC and Laptop are both running Outlook 2003 the Laptop is configured to connect to an Exchange Server whilst at my office and stores my files in a cached mailbox as ost files (I think) whilst PC has regular pst files. I have tried SynchPst and Osasync which both seem to only synch pst files not ost/pst. How can I get round this?

Also is it possible to synchronise “My Documents” on both computers.

Home networking is great however I need to share files not copy them.

whybe 13:52 23 Jan 05

fuzzyfun. The error messages you are getting indicate possibly a couple of things in the way your email account is setup. Firstly please check that the name for your outgoing mail SMTP server is correct. Your ISP will have advised you of this example mail.btinternet.com, but you may have an incoming POP3 name different from your outgoing SMTP name. Secondly check also that your Email ACCOUNT name is correct this may be different from your normal email address name eg Account Name = [email protected] but email address = [email protected].

whybe 13:54 23 Jan 05

I do not have an answer to your question but others may be able to help you better if you start your own individual thread with your question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…