Outlook 2002 (XP) Address Book Annoyance

Jester2K II 10:44 11 Jul 03

I have a slight annoyance with Outlook 2002 (XP).

If i enter a name using the format First name Surname (ie Joe Bloggs) it often reverts to another format after i have recievd an e-mail from them.

This means that when i try and send an e-mail originally i can enter Joe Bloggs but after i get a reply i have to enter Bloggs Joe.

Is there an option like Update My Address Book in Outlook 2002??

Jester2K II 10:48 11 Jul 03

OH and i have right clicked the entry in the address book and made sure that Full Name, File As and Display As all say Joe Bloggs but it shows as Bloggs Joe when i enter it on the to: bar.

Also tried highlighting it on the drop down list of the to: bar and deleting it and this works until i get an e-mail from Joe Bloggs then it goes wrong again.

Jester2K II 14:36 11 Jul 03

Bump

Jester2K II 14:36 13 Jul 03

last bump

jazzypop 14:46 13 Jul 03

Does this happen with all Contacts, or just some? If some, perhaps they have identified themselves as 'Bloggs, Joe', in which case when you hit the Reply button, Outlook merely uses the name that they themselves have entered. It has no need to use the Contacts lookup (that you have entered), if the name is already in the From field.

If the above is correct, when you hit Reply, select their name in the To: field, delete it, and select their name from your Contacts list - see if that fixes it.

Jester2K II 14:59 13 Jul 03

jazzypop - its does but i'm sure it also changes the address book entry so the next time i use their name it has to be the wrong way round.

If it didn't change the address book then replying would be Bloggs, Joe but i could start a clean new message with Joe Bloggs.

jazzypop 15:12 13 Jul 03

Check in Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options (from the main Outlook window).

Jester2K II 15:16 13 Jul 03

jazzypop - Cheers. I'll give that a go...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…