Outlook 2002 (SP3) 'Something accessing addresses'

kinger 21:48 28 Jun 04

Every few emails I open brings up a message in Outlook stating that 'something is accessing your address book, do you want to give permission to do so?'

If I click 'no' the program crashes and reopens, if I click 'yes, give access for one minute' it goes on perfectly.

Who or what is doing this?

I've run the latest PC Cillin anti virus suite and also Search & Destroy along with Adaware 6.0 plus. Nothing found.

Any ideas anyone, thanks

VoG II 21:52 28 Jun 04

Is this a message from Outlook or from your firewall?

kinger 21:53 28 Jun 04

It's generated from Outlook

kinger 22:02 28 Jun 04

It also generates the same alert message if I change view to another folder.

kinger 09:35 30 Jun 04

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have store in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?

It this is uncexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no"

Allow access

Yes No

==========

If I select 'yes' all is well but this 'mystery' program is getting what it wants, but what is the program?

If I select 'no' I can continue but when I exit Outlook it says and error has occured and the program crashes.

It isn't a virus as I've checked with latest definitions from PC Cillin

Hope someone can help

K!

whybe 11:01 30 Jun 04

I get exactly the same message but it is being created by Nortons Anti Spam application as I have to originally highlight the message and click on the Spam button. If I click on 'No' to access I then get another dialog box asking me if I want to add the dubious/unknown email address to my block list.

Kate B 11:48 30 Jun 04

Have you got a Palm or something like that running, say, Pocket Mirror or Intellisync? I use Pocket Mirror to sync my Palm with Outlook and it always generates that message. When I click yes, allow for a minute it means that Pocket Mirror can access Outlook and sync.

kinger 12:34 30 Jun 04

I am running Ad-aware 6.0 plus, PC Cillin anti virus and firewall, McAfee Spam killer and Search & Destroy.

I have stopped all these but it still generates the same dialog box after they stop 'protecting' by emails.

I thought it may be a fault in Outlook but, on reinstalling, it still keeps reporting that a program is looking in my inbox.

I'm wondering how to find out exactly which one it is.

kinger 22:00 30 Jun 04

It seems to bring up the message just before it allows the page to open in the preview pane, could this be in the settings somewhere?

kinger 12:22 06 Jul 04

Still having probs with this.

I've removed any program that may have cause to look at my address book but still can't stop the message appearing as descrived above.

Has anyone else experienced this?

kinger 14:38 08 Jul 04

I downloaded active sync which is supposed to fix past problems but still no joy.

I've finally found a problem that has foxed us.

Thanks for trying anyway. I'll see if I can contact MS (and wait for a reply (smile))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…