OUTLOOK 2002 - not responding !

FRANKMAC 15:40 03 Sep 03

Any Outlook experts out there ?

Running XP pro and Office XP, been using outlook for over 6 months and has been faultless!

Outlook not responding - when i try to open outlook i get the opening screen "Outlook 2002" etc. but thats as far as it goes. If i do anything else the program than shows "program not responding. The PC then freezes ! The next attempt to open Outlook prompts do i wish to open in "safemode" responding with a Yes - locks up the PC again....responding with No also locks up the PC again...On the third attempt it prompts Outlook has detected an error (or similar) message , there are no error codes and asks do i wish to "detect and repair" if i select this it goes through the motions of repairing the program, taking aprox 5 mins..... after this has completed, and i attempt to lauch Outlook the same same symptoms apply and i go through all 3 stages again.......and as yet the problem
still remians.....ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS in advance, Mac

hssutton 15:59 03 Sep 03

Hi mac I will be watching this thread with great interest, as I have just tried to install outlook onto XP Pro, and I have exactly the same problem.
You say Outlook's been running ok, so that rules out incompatabilty issues.

FRANKMAC 16:43 03 Sep 03

Yes that is correct, i have been using with no problems whatsover, the only change i have made (which i forgot to mention)was to add a further hard drive! and since then it has not been working, but i cant think why this should have any effect on outlook, the old c drive remained as c drive and the new drive is now d. just moving the cdrw drive to e.

whybe 19:34 03 Sep 03

I am not sure this will help but have you tried running 'Detect and Repair' from outlook's menu bar under help? Maybe the install of the new drive has just caused something to go awry. Unlikely but it must be worth a try.

FRANKMAC 22:27 03 Sep 03

Whybe,

i can't get as far as getting the to menu's ,it locks up on the initial splash screen "outlook 2002" , but thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…