//some 3rd party need geo

outlook 2002 attachments

Fr0z3n 11:32 24 May 03

outlook has blocked access to unsafe attachments that i kno are afe. I really need to open the file too. how do i do this this??? thxz

VoG™ 11:36 24 May 03
  VoG™ 21:19 29 May 03

Success?

Tazfan 21:33 29 May 03

Sorry to hiijack your thread Fr0z3n.
Which option do you suggest VoG? Do you have one of them in use?

Cheers in advance, T:-)

VoG™ 21:39 29 May 03

I confess, I haven't tried any of them. I would rather be safe than sorry.

When this issue arises for me it is usually when I want to transfer a "suspect" file type from home to work or vice versa. I just use a floppy.

The site that I posted is a reputable one and any of the solutions should work. However, only to be done if you are fully virus-protected (which I'm sure you are).

jazzypop 21:51 29 May 03

If you really only want to bypass the security settings for a single attachment that you know to be safe, simply highlight the message in your Inbox, and choose to Forward it.

The attachment can now be opened, saved, etc.

Pauper 22:36 29 May 03

I posted a thread on this previously in case someone ran into this issue click here same initial link as VoG

wotbus@ 09:22 30 May 03

Close Outlook and click on Start>Run,type Regedit,OK.
Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security. In the right pane, right-click and choose New>String Value. Give this value the name Level1Remove, then press Enter. Right-click on the newly created string value and choose Modify.
Now enter the three letter file extensions of those type you wish to allow, in your case .exe
Caution though. Don't forget the reason the restriction was there in the first place.
(WinXP Mag Jul 2003).

Ben Avery 09:40 30 May 03

Tools, Options, Security, then change "Restricted Sites" to "Internet" and I think you'll find that more attachments will be available.

Ironman556 11:23 08 Dec 03

I've just ran into this problem, used VoG's link (thanks) and downloaded Detach OL from click here worked a treat. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…