Outlook 2002 asking for network password

Akinbiyi 08:59 02 Dec 03

Have been using Outlook 2002 & BT Openworld for a couple of years. Worked fine until about 2 months ago, but now Outlook randomly asks me for a network password on any one of the 3 email addresses @btinternet.com I use, probably once in every 5-6 times it checks for mail. It also happens on my wife's PC which uses a different email address on the same master account.

The BT telephone helpdesk said they thought it must be something to do with their server's password authentication, but the email response from the helpdesk say that they think it is a recent problem with Outlook 2002. As they don't officially support Outlook [only Outlook Express], they say they can't help me any further.

Anyone else had the problem??

Diodorus Siculus 09:15 02 Dec 03

Yes, from time to time I got that with my BTinternet account - it wol randomly say that the password / username is incorrect, and when I click ok, it accepts it without any channge. I always put it down to server errors. In the end I gave up on BT because I was getting overloaded with spam and don't have either problem nowadays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…