Outlook 2000 - STRANGE message in window...

AngeTheHippy 15:58 16 Feb 04

Hi All,
I go to MS updates on a very regular basis, but I'm not quite sure whether the following problems started after an update or not - one thing for sure, it's sending me NUTS!!!!!

I used to go online, open outlook and click send/recieve and immediately download any mail. Now, though, I get a window - '..a dial-up connection is already established to (my ISP) - then gives me 2 choices; either 'hang up and dial (my ISP), or
' try to locate the server on the current connection..'. I have to choose the 2nd chouse or the line drops and I have to dial up again! This also affects my 'out' folder - now, if I compose an e-mail it stays in the outbox until I go through the procedure again , choosing the 2nd option. It doesn't end there though, because if I've got more than 1 message in the outbox, I can only send one at a time - I need to go offline then re-connect each time!! I would very greatly appreciate any help on this one. Don't know what to do next...

hugh-265156 16:43 16 Feb 04

im not to familiar with outlook,just OE.have a check first in internet explorer/tools/internet options/connections.check you are correctly set up here and tick"always dial my default connection"

next open outlook(hopefully the path should be similar to OE)click tools/accounts/mail/"your account"/properties/connection

untick "always connect to this account using"

outlook should now follow internet explorers settings hopefully,i think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…