Outlook 2000 not responding

Russ100 08:52 22 Mar 05

If I try to open Outlook it hangs. Sometimes it will eventually open, most times I just get 'not responding' in Task Manager. When I do manage to open it I can't open emails with a left click or it freezes up. I can right click and print though, and also view attachments.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled, also tried repair. Still no joy. Did an online virus scan but nothing showed up.

Any suggestions from you good folk out there?

O/S Win 2K Pro. Office Pro 2000.

Russ100 09:14 22 Mar 05

As a floow up to my request - I've just picked up the following from another web page.

I quote:

'I do not have a fix for you. But my Outlook 2000 did that awhile back and I found I could run OL2000 by running...

OUTLOOK /SAFE

From the Start, Run box. From there it worked fine. I ran that way for weeks until I had time to find out what the issue was, but when I went back to just using the shortcut, it worked fine again.

That's all I can share.'

Credit to R Profitt.

This actually works - but does it give some indication of where the problem lies?

rawprawn 11:27 22 Mar 05

You could try opening Outlook in safe mode, (Tap F8 when booting) then run detect and repair. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now