Outlook 2000 Contacts

longbelly 09:05 28 Jun 05

I am soon to update my OS from Win 98SE to XP and wish to back up my data. All my contacts are kept in the Microsoft Outlook Contact Store (not the Windows Address Book. Can anyone tell me where I can find this file please? Or is there a way of transferring all the addresses back to the WAB?

goffer23 14:51 28 Jun 05

As far as I am aware,all Outlook info is stored in the Outlook.pst file. Back this up to a floppy or disc or 2nd HDD then import it once you have upgaded your OS. See click here for this Outlook add-in. I used this when going to XP from Me and I'm pretty certain it included contacts - somebody else may confim this (hopefully ;-) )
For Contacts only see the help file in Outlook for saving contacts in a folder.

rawprawn 15:13 28 Jun 05

Yes if you use Outlook Backup you can backup automatically, but I would suggest that you use the Import/Export facility in Outlook Today to start with. Click Export/Click Export to a File/Next/ Click on Personal Folder File (.pst)next/ choose Contacts and save to a floppy or independant drive.You can save all your info one at a time that way EG Calendar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…