Outlook 2000 – Cannot open attachments

A problem has developed in a previously functioning part of my Outlook 2000 application.

When I attempt to open an attached file it fails to open and the following error message is displayed:

“Microsoft Word

The server application, source file or item cannot be found.
Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved or renamed.”

If the file is copied and opened in Explorer from the copy it seems to work fine.

The same error message appears in trying to open Word, Excel, .txt or .pdf files.

Can anyone help?

AndySD 15:16 06 Feb 03

Put the office 2000 cd in and it should give you option to Repair. If this doesnt work shut down all office programs look for the Normal.dot word template. Rename it Normal.old then start Word then outlook and see if its solved the problem.

Thanks AndySD. I have tried both your suggestions, but neither has solved the problem.

AndySD 16:48 06 Feb 03

In outlook try going Tools then options... in Mail Format Make sure it is set to Rich Text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…