//some 3rd party need geo

Outlook 2000 - attachments being zipped

WardaleM 19:11 31 Oct 03

About 2 weeks ago(ish) Outlook started automatically zipping any attachments to emails. I attach the plain file OK and send it, but looking in the sent items, the file has been zipped.

Outlook was working perfectly for quite a while and then suddenly started misbehaving (I'm not quite sure how long ago though). I don't recall installing or uninstalling anything recently. Any ideas?

Limehouse 19:32 31 Oct 03

Go to Tools/Options/Security and see if the box to "Encrypt Attachments.........etc is checked.

WardaleM 00:39 01 Nov 03

I have checked Tools/Options Security. All 3 areas in the Secure Email section are greyed out.

The Secure Content section is set to Restricted Sites. Would this have any effect. I have not been into this tab before so I can't tell if this has changed recently.

petersmyth1 01:42 01 Nov 03

As I've said before here why are you using Outlook as your email programme? What the hell is Outlook Express there for?

WardaleM 01:55 01 Nov 03

Petersmyth1
I am using Outlook because OE doesn't allow me to use rules to sort my emails. I also use Outlook to organise my contacts and diary.

Plus, having used it at work for xx years I am used to it (apart from when I have problems).

If you have any better alternatives, I am willing to give them a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…