outlook 2000

menorcarob2 15:08 06 Oct 03

yesterday i updated office 2000 from ms updates today i cannot send e-mail on any isp i have several can recieve no problem, i have not changed any settings. i can view web pages no problem and my ftp works, any clues.

menorcarob2 17:21 07 Oct 03

help still have the problem

MAJ 10:48 08 Oct 03

Try a system restore to before you updated, menorcarob2.

Jester2K II 10:52 08 Oct 03

MORE INFO.

OS??

ISP??

Connection type??

What was the "update"

Sir Radfordin 10:56 08 Oct 03

What happens when you try and send an email?

Do you get a message saying it has failed - anything that may give us 1/2 a clue what has happened.

First thing I would try is to delete all the accounts and re-create them to make sure nothing has corrupted.

Make sure you are sending using the SMTP server for the ISP you are dialed up on or it is more than likely it will fail.

A System restore (if using a later OS) may help get you back to the state before you added in the update.

Which update did you apply?

menorcarob2 11:03 08 Oct 03

os xp pro
isp directway
connection dsl
update not sure sr1? did not make a note of it.

sir rad

have twenty e-mail acc have checked all and they are as i installed them manualy

Sir Radfordin 11:15 08 Oct 03

Any error messages?

Do you get a sending mail failed message or something?

Have you tried doing a system restore? From the info given it would be logical to believe the update has corrupted something and a system restore would correct this.

menorcarob2 13:13 08 Oct 03

have tried system restore and have the same problem. the arror message for all of the different e-mail address's are all followed by the error number ox800ccc0e

soy 13:22 08 Oct 03

Try unistalling Outlook or even the whole office suite. when yo have done this. Delete the office folder in 'My programs'.

Then reinstall Office but don't update it. See if your emails work.

Jester2K II 13:23 08 Oct 03

What was the update?

JIM 13:30 08 Oct 03

you have tried repair and it is still the same, and tried system restore and still the same.

Have you tried to uninstall the updates to office 2000 first before the system restore to win/xp pro.I believe,

Restore does not replace the process of uninstalling a program. To completely remove the files installed by a program, you must remove the program using Add or Remove Programs first.

In simple terms,(what i should have said ) If you suspect an installed program is the cause of the state of your computer, you should uninstall the update program before you use Systems Restore to perform a restoration.

See what you think.

Reference to the office 2000 ms updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…