Outlook 07

amyjen7 14:17 02 May 10

I am attempting to configure Outlook 07. I followed the detailed instructions given by my provider Tiscali. The a/c type was POP3, incoming mail server pop.tiscal.co.uk (notice no “i”) outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk - user name - my email address & password is that used on my tiscali email a/c. When I open Outlook a box reads “Enter Network Password“. In there is pop.tiscal.co.uk, my email address & place for my password which is rejected when inserted. Also on start up a box comes up “Business Contact Manager Outlook” which I have cancelled as this does not apply to me I think!!! I hope someone out there can help & if I have messed up explain how to reset the configuration. I run Vist Home Premium. Thank you

Kind regards

rawprawn 14:32 02 May 10

check to see if Outgoing Server requires authentication
Tools> Account Settings> Double Click on the account, then click on "More Settings"in the Outgoing Server Tab.
Try ticking Requires Authentication and see if it helps. If it doesn't untick it again as I am not familiar with Tiscali Settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…