outlok express problem

Richard-191075 21:56 16 Jan 05

i need help a friends computer has a problem.
They are running Windows Xp with two accounts on it. in accont 1 they can not access their emails in outlook express unless they go into account 2 and start outlook express on that account then all works fine on account 1. all the settings on both accounts is identical.

They are also running zone alarm and AVG anti-virus would this be causing the problem?

DerekJJBrooks 09:56 17 Jan 05

I have heard this problem before, it's not the Firewall or Anti virus, I use both myself OK.

When the 2 seperate accounts were set up originally in XP, it sets up to identitities, and each identitiy has its own documents and settings file.

If you look at windows explorer, and look at file directory you will notice both users identity shown.

So each person when logging on to their own identity gets two different outlook express files, as I understand it.

I am not sure how to resolve, as it seems a good idea for each person to have their own email.

I would have thought that the programme is working correctly, and that user a or b should log in only to see their mail.

Derek

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…