Outllook express password rejection

FreMar 17:18 20 Aug 07

I am asked for my password when I try to use O.E.but the correct one is rejected each time it's entered. I have tried all the suggestions as per previous helproom posts but to no avail,I have also had a go at deleting the appropriate registry key as suggested, but this kept returning, as I don't think I deleted all the subkeys, I found it a bit too scary to mess with the registry, and gave up. Is there anything else that can be tried? I have a TalkTalk webmail email address the same as in O.E but with a different password, which I can use ok via talktalk's home web page. Could this be configered into O.E.? I find the webmail too limiting and cubersome and would rather use O.E.

VoG II 17:24 20 Aug 07

Have you tried this click here

FreMar 18:58 20 Aug 07

VoG, thanks for the help, I have tried that to a degree, but was not too sure how to proceed. After opening the section from 'Protected Storage Systems Provider'/ permissions/advanced, there are 3 entries listed with Allow/full control,ie:

'My Name'/computer name,
then 'System',
then 'Administrators',(computer name),
and then 1: 'Resticted' (read)

Do I tick the box 'Replace permissions' etc, on all 4 of these items in turn, and then delete the key?, and also, do I leave the tick in the 'Inherit from parent' etc box above it?

lotvic 19:33 20 Aug 07

quote ""I have a TalkTalk webmail email address the same as in O.E but with a different password, which I can use ok via talktalk's home web page""

Surely the email address password should be the same in OE as it is for the webmail

Check your OE settings for talktalk with mine click here about post number 20 in thread (Mon, [email protected]:05)

FreMar 07:24 21 Aug 07

lotvoc, thanks for the info' re 'password should be same in O.E. as webmail'. I just changed it in O.E and did indeed get my mail sent from the inbox in Talktalk's webmail! I cannot see what has happened here, as I set up my O.E account and password when I went Broadband with TT in April this year, I then set up two webmail addresses a month later so we could get our mail whilst abroad (you can have upto five with TT)
(one has the same email address for me as in O.E but with a different password to the one in O.E)both the O.E and webmail one worked with no problems till now (my mail from webmail always transferred to O.E when I used it) I know I can not have made a mistake with the two passwords, as I made a note of them when I set up my own webmail account. I must say there are often odd anomalies with TT now and then. Whatever, all seems ok now. Thanks.

johnnyrocker 09:20 21 Aug 07

generally one can access mail fromanywhere in the world via isp website without having to create new accounts.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…