Outgoing Email thru Outlook Express 6

Revi 07:36 07 Jan 03
  Revi 07:36 07 Jan 03

I use Windows 98 and O.E. Version 6. For incoming Emails, O.E. functions perfectly, but I cannot use O.E. for any outgoing mail. Everytime I try to send an Email, after about a minute’s trial the following message appears :

The server has unexpectedly been disconnected. Probable reasons may be a server mistake, a network mistake or a long time inactivity. Account ’ xxxxx.yyyy.zzz ’, Server: ’ vvvvvvvvv.yyyy.zzz ’ , Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure (SSL): No, Mistake number: 0x800CCC0F

I use broadband provided by a particular ISP for my internet connection. And I have no Email account with them because they provide none. Thus I am forced to have my Email accounts with another Company whose Account ’ xxxxx…… ’ and Server ’ vvvvvvvvv…… ’ have been mentioned above.
The question is if I am able to receive all my Emails through O.E. perfectly, why can’t I then send any Email through O.E.??? If both POP3 and SMTP particulars were incorrect then I would neither be able to receive or send any Email!

accord 09:05 07 Jan 03

check and double check all pop and smtp settings.

you havent said if you are on BT or NTL broadband.

all else fails contact your ISP and get them to confirm settings

MAJ 09:06 07 Jan 03

Most providers will not let you send emails unless you are connected to their service, most will let you receive, though. It's an anti-spam measure.

hellred 09:11 07 Jan 03

You cant send because the isp providing the connection is the one you need to send the mail through. Just set the outgoing mail to that service and collect incomming from the other account and that will solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…