outbox in outlook express 6

haddyrose 10:51 10 Aug 06

I have been trying to send an email that is rather large from my outlook express outbox but everytime it tries to send outlook express freezes and my whole laptop slows right down and programmes start freezing.I have tried to delete the file but everything freezes as well. HELP please i have no idea what to do.
Thanks

FelixTCat 11:40 10 Aug 06

haddyrose,

Perhaps it is trying to tell you something?

If you have an anti-virus program, check the options to see if it is checking outgoing emails for viruses. If it is, disable that option for this email, send the email then reset that option.

Regards,

Felix

FelixTCat 11:40 10 Aug 06

haddyrose,

Perhaps it is trying to tell you something?

If you have an anti-virus program, check the options to see if it is checking outgoing emails for viruses. If it is, disable that option for this email, send the email then reset that option.

Regards,

Felix

haddyrose 11:47 10 Aug 06

I am afraid that didnt work thank you for the suggestion though

Best wishes
Haddyrose

FelixTCat 11:49 10 Aug 06

How big is this file you're trying to attach?

Does your ISP have a limit on the size of individual emails?

haddyrose 11:57 10 Aug 06

I increased the size of the email allowance as i read another thread that suggested that and outlook express is still unable to send it and is still freezing as soon as i try to send it

Best wishes

Haddyrose

FelixTCat 12:09 10 Aug 06

How big is it?

haddyrose 12:20 10 Aug 06

220 MB (231,425,508 bytes)yeah I know it was very late last night and my friend was nagging me for the pics of our last night out and i sent the whole folder without thinking i've also tried to get the email broken into pieces so that it can be sent smaller but as soon as outlook express opens it is freezes is it time to throw the laptop outta the window lol

best wishes

Haddyrose

FelixTCat 12:31 10 Aug 06

haddyrose,

No wonder it won't go!!!!!!

If the folder consists of pictures, your best bet is to burn it to a cd and send that. No email system will send one that size.

Most systems will choke at anything above 2 - 3 Mbytes.

If your ISP gives you free webspace you could post them there, but that would normally be limited to 50 Mbytes at a time.

If you can get a gmail account there are ways of using it as on-line storage and retrieval.

Go the CD route.

Regards,

Felix

Simsy 12:33 10 Aug 06

too big to be an attachment.

You'll probably have more luck if you resize the pics to a more suitable size. If they are for viewing on screen then most pictures will be OK if they are of a file size in the order of 30-40kb. If the pics you have are straight from the camera, with no subsequent procession then they are likely to be several hundred kb each.

Irfanview click here is a great free program that can be used to "batch" resize images to get them all ro a suitable size for emailing...

Post back if you need further assistance with doing this.

Regards,

Simsy

haddyrose 12:41 10 Aug 06

Yeah I know I'm a plank I will send it via a CD the problems still is that i cannot get the b****** thing to delete so everytime i go into outlook express it freezes and then i get the overwhelming urge to throw the laptop outta the window i really dont want to have to reinstall outlook express so has anyone any ideas how i can stop OE freezing so that I can delete the silly email

Cheers

Haddyrose

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant