//some 3rd party need geo

Outbound spam e-mail

KeithK 18:02 10 Jun 04

I am currently running Wind Server SBS 2003 on a Dell Server with 6 clients all using Windows XP Pro.

I have had to disable outbound e-mails as something is either generating e-mails to various different people or my exchange server is giving out a read receipt.

All clients running Office 2003 use Outlook and all security settings show "Never send a read receipt"

The server is running Mcafee Groupshield and six different versions of spyware to try to track down this problem.

We are often hit with inbound e-mails and sometimes can receive 150,000 in a day. Normally junk e-mails are in the region of 500-600 per day. Spam filters are in operation and have reduced this down to a few.

Can anyone assist? It has been suggested that there is a loop configuration of some kind. Mcafee sent an e-mail to advise that their anti-spam filter was due for licence renewal in 15 days. This was sent 682 times!

Thanks

Keith

stalion 20:26 10 Jun 04

^^

Billy Boy 15:47 20 May 05

Hi,
I suspect that my e-mail software has been compromised.
I get indications that mail is being sent when in fact I am not sending any.
I sometimes recieve bounced e-mails which I have
never sent.
How does this happen and how do I rectify and prevent the same happening again?
I am running XP, my mail client is incredimail,
my firewall is Zone Alarm, my Virus checker is AVG
I run spybot,ad-aware, registry cleaner and snoopfree every day.
Thanks,
Bill.

Diodorus Siculus 16:20 20 May 05

Billy Boy - a new thread might help.

There is a chance that it is not you sending the mail - possible that someone has spoofed your address to make it seems that mail is coming from that address. Hopefully it will slow down.

Worth checking for spyware and the presence of a virus too though.

lotvic 21:56 20 May 05

could it be a 'time out' prob?
I'm just guessing.

Other reasons: this is all I could find, hope it helps

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…