"Out of Timing" message on Sharp LLT17A4 monitor

BristolBoy 09:11 26 May 04

My Sharp LLT17A4 monitor is defaulting to an error message which reads "Out of Timing V:43hz H:35khz".

I bought the monitor as part of a package from Mesh. Their after sales service is rubbish and the help(!)desk drives you to despair. They didn't know what to do, so in desperation they sent an engineer to change the mother board. This made no difference. He suggested it was the monitor. Sharp are intending to replace the monitor, but I'm sure this will not sort the problem. The SHARP manual recognises the error message and suggests consulting the computer manual. No manual was supplied. MESH states one is not needed because help is at hand. (you have to laugh or else you'll cry!!)

Can anyone out there help me..........please!!! (home PC has now been down for 8 days, and my kids are beating me up everyday over it!!)

Lozzy 09:36 26 May 04

I am not sure on this one but the nature of the msg would tell me that there is an issue with the graphics card not the mobo. Do you have or can you lay your hands on spare to test it? If not can you test the monitor on another PC and see of you get the same msg? if you don't get the msg then you know its the machine and not the screen.

My money is on a faulty graphics card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…