Out Of Time

hunted 18:03 21 Feb 09

We have a windows XP PC, a few years old, approx over a week ago when leaving the pc in standby mode & then returning to the pc to continue again when i press the monitor switch all i get is this black screen with the wording Out of time & underneath this wording it reads V30 KHZ & H30 KHZ.
The only way to get the monitor to behave properly is to switch off the pc & reboot again. Anybody got any suggestions in combatting this problem as its done it a few times.

Technotiger 18:07 21 Feb 09

Simple answer - don't use Standby mode. Not being funny, I don't ever use Standby mode!

Technotiger 18:12 21 Feb 09

Or, guessing you have a LCD monitor, check Screen Resolution Settings.

hunted 18:18 21 Feb 09

On some occasions it even says 'no signal'.

MAJ 18:21 21 Feb 09

Either you have a refresh rate problem, check it out in your graphic card's settings, or a faulty graphics card or cable.

hunted 21:59 27 Feb 09

Thanks for the sensible replies, i will be looking into the graphic card suggestion provided i can figure out the best way to go about investigating this problem. Will let you know.

woodchip 22:01 27 Feb 09

No Signal, means the Computer is not Working

woodchip 22:03 27 Feb 09

Check Power Settings in Control Panel Set Hard Drive to Never turn off, Also that nothing goes into Sleep Mode

hunted 20:17 09 Jul 09

It turned out to be the monitor @ fault as a few days it packed in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…