'out of range' appears on some programnes

mec13 23:23 26 Jan 05

os is xp home,+sp2,9200 radeon card,1024memory, on 160gb hd. As you can see a fairly decent spec! My problem is that on some programnes(scrabble,hyperbowl etc)a small square appears in the middle of the screen saying 'out of range'. My son has Half Life2, Morrowind, etc, which play no problem at all. (scrabble, and hyperbowl are my wife's favourite!) This situation has caused suspicion and accusations in our home, which I have been dragged into. My Flat screen moniter is approx 18mths old, and the most refresh rate I can get is 70. Updating drivers hasn't worked, so what has gone wrong! This situation has only recently started.
ps, windows update, antivirus etc, are up to date.

VoG II 23:28 26 Jan 05

System Restore?

ACOLYTE 01:50 27 Jan 05

Double scan? i dont know if ATI cards have this option, i know Nvidea cards do,to set the double refresh rate for lower resolutions its ok if your moniter can take it, but other wise you get an out of range error,so if you have it set at 70Hz at 1024X768 then go to 640X480 it will double the refresh to 140Hz and if your monitor cant go that high you get the error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…