out of range?

diddi.ash 12:00 26 Jul 07

sometimes when i have left my computer for a few minutes the screen goes black and says "out of range" could anyone tell me why it has just started to do this and why?
and what i can do to rectify it apart from haveing to turn my computer of from the tower and then turn on again?

Fingees 12:12 26 Jul 07

Have you got a screensaver that is not suitable for your monitor, as sometimes out of range appears when a picure resolution is out of range of the monitor.

It's usually on games it happens, but it may just be that when you leave the computer, a screensaver cuts in, that can't be resolved.

you can try checking for screensaver, although on games, the usual answer is to reduce the scan size of the monitor.

Just a thought.

diddi.ash 12:16 26 Jul 07

yes i have a screensaver which i have had for a while and that only cuts in if computer is idle for more than 10 mins, i only went out of the room for 2 mins!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…