out of memory

best 11:10 26 May 03

hi,
i really need help. I opened the trial version of winzip8.1 setup and it said 'out of meory close one or more programs and try again.'I had only the internet running. Now when i try to open any kind of setup it just says out of memory. When i insert a disc and try to run it it says out of meory. Please can you help me. My system is windows 98.Thank You.

and how much memory do you have?

best 13:47 26 May 03

32768K or 225MHz i think

best 10:23 29 May 03

please can you help me. I can't use my msn messenger. Every time i download something i can't open it because of the error message. I'm sure i have enough space on my computer. All this error message started when i tried to open winzip setup. Thank you.

AndySD 10:44 29 May 03

Go Start then Run and type in

msconfig

choose the Startup Tab and using the list click here untick any Not Required. When finished restart the pc.

best 13:10 01 Jun 03

thanks for replying. msconfig on it's own don't work. It has to be msconfig.exe or something. So can you please tell me what to type in exactly in the run. Thanks

AndySD 13:41 01 Jun 03

Go Start then Run then Accessories then System Tools then System Information you will find it in the TOOLS menu

as400man 18:37 01 Jun 03

I had a similar problem until I discovered that Vitual Memory had been disabled. If it is, set it to the Windows default setting and you should not get any more 'out of memory' messages.

best 19:51 05 Jun 03

it is set to default. I don't really understand what you mean Andy SD. I clicked on system info then tools and system cofiguration and then i don't know what to do.

AndySD 20:58 05 Jun 03

try using a startup manager click here

PSF 22:23 05 Jun 03

Another thing you can do is install a memory manager. I found Cacheman was good for Win 98.

Download it from : click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…