Out of Focus and Blured Screen

stevo 17:01 05 Aug 03

Please help!

My screen is out of focus and whe words are blured which makes it very difficult to use applications like Word etc.
I am using XP pro and a Geforce 2 MX 400 G card by Nvidia.

I have tried the following without luck:
Changed Monitors
Updated drivers (version 4.4.0.3 0
Changed the DPI setting (now on 96 DPI)
Tried different refresh rates

and I'm still stuck! I am also having problems with my IBM keyboard (No pound sign just a # and " and @ are the wrong way around) but I don't think that these are connected? (I have changed the regional settings but that hasn't worked)

Can anyone help?

Jester2K II 17:31 05 Aug 03

I am also having problems with my IBM keyboard (No pound sign just a # and " and @ are the wrong way around

- You need to make sure you chanegd the keyboard settings too...

How old is the monitor??

stevo 17:42 05 Aug 03

Jester

I fixed the keybord problem. In the system tray there was a icon EN, I went into that and then setting. I had both UK + US keyboards listed so I highlighted the US one then clicked remove + re booted...and it worked!
Before I did that, during my time messing around trying to change it, I went into the Control pannel then regional settings and changed it to uk settings there...after that I had the system tray icon.
I'm using XP pro.

Monotors, both monotors are under 2 years old + I have an omni box so I can switch between different systems + the other system works fine.

Jester2K II 20:05 05 Aug 03

I have an omni box so I can switch between different systems

Have you tried without the Omni Box?? ie monitor plugged directly into the PC??

Jester2K II 20:06 05 Aug 03

Are these CRT Monitors or TFT Screens??

stevo 22:44 06 Aug 03

I think that I have tracked the problem down to a dodgy cable!
It looks like one of the pins is missing and I guess that is whats causing the problem!

Thanks for your help.

The monitors are CRT

Jester2K II 07:29 07 Aug 03

All monitor cables have a pin missing!!!

Mine has 2 "missing" - they're not missing at all....

DieSse 07:55 07 Aug 03

If your screen is blurred, and you've changed the monitor, then the only other possibility is a faulty graphics card.

Whilst your symptoms would usually be caused by the monitor, I have known them to be caused by a bad graphics card.

A similar or even a somewhat better card, will be inexpensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017